• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get incredible now or wait?

I am quite indecisive at the moment. I have been looking to upgrade my moto q for a few months now and made up my mind to get the incredible. Considering the dinc is backordered like crazy should I wait or still get it. I deff need something before sept and i hear there are a few good phones coming out soon namely the windows 7 phone and other android devices. I deff need something no bigger then 3.7 inch screen so no droid x. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

I am quite indecisive at the moment. I have been looking to upgrade my moto q for a few months now and made up my mind to get the incredible. Considering the dinc is backordered like crazy should I wait or still get it. I deff need something before sept and i hear there are a few good phones coming out soon namely the windows 7 phone and other android devices. I deff need something no bigger then 3.7 inch screen so no droid x. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

My lady told me that if I played w/ her as much as I played w/ my phone, our relationship would indeed be just that...

Incredible.

Hope that, in some way, helps!

:)

Upvote 0
Just be sure to check any Best Buys you're within range of. They magically seem to get them when no other stores have them.

Upvote 0
At this point you should probably wait. I have my Dinc, and i love it, but if your'e going to wait a month,may as well see how the Droid X or Droid 2 ultimately turn out. Though, if you don't need a keyboard, don't like the massive form factor of the X, prefer HTC's Sense, or simply don't trust Motorola, then by all means, get the Dinc.

Upvote 0
Loll I think i got the message about the 'incredible'. I just don't like the form factor of the new moto droid that is coming out. The 4.x inch screen is personally way to big for me because I still keep my phone in my pocket. I work at a bestbuy and checked with the mobile department. They said they have been out for a while now and don't know when they will get them in stock again. Any idea if a new android phone is coming out in august?

Upvote 0
I'd probably wait. But ultimately, you know what you need and want and if the inc fits that, then go for it. Can you live without sense ui? Do you need to use an external bluetooth keyboard because without root or some upgraded software, the inc won't work with them...even though they are supposed to.

Upvote 0
Want a keyboard? Wait for the droid 2. Don't want a keyboard? Get an Incredible.

Why else would you wait? For another Windowz mobile phone? That's just perverse.

I wanted an Android touch screen phone without a keyboard on Verizon. That's why I got an Incredible. There won't be another significant improvement in the state of the art until 2011. And even that will be margina considering the Incredible does everything you want. I bet some super high-res android phones come out in 2011, that will be nice.

Upvote 0
You've waited this long for a new phone, what's another month or 2. Who knows, by then the wait time for a DInc may not be as long. At least then you can see all of your options and take your pick. Remember though, as soon as you make your purchase there's going to be something else on it's way to the front lines so don't get too hung up on having the newest phone around.

Upvote 0
I've had the Dinc since May 2 and I haven't looked back. The name is well deserved for this device. Notwithstanding, changes are happening within the Android ecosystem at a record clip. Samsung and Moto have both said that they'll push out 20 new devices each this year. TWENTY! That's amazing. There are a few coming out from each just this summer alone. If I were in your shoes, I'd wait to see what comes out on Verizon. I wouldn't completely write off the Moxo X just yet--try it. You just might (or might not) like it. Samsung Galaxy S hopefully is coming soon to Verizon. Plus others. The thing is, there will always be something better the moment your 30 days return period has passed. LOL. So, once you're locked in, just sit back and enjoy.

Upvote 0
Just be sure to check any Best Buys you're within range of. They magically seem to get them when no other stores have them.

Exactly. I was told by Verizon that I would have to wait at least 2 weeks so I decided to wait and think it over some more. The next day I happened to be in a Best Buy and just by chance asked if they had any (expecting them to laugh) and they pulled one out and handed it to me. I walked aout about an hour later with mine and have no regrets at all thus far.

Upvote 0
Sooo I decided to order the incredible from wirefly. So far it has turned out to be a disaster. They said my credit card did not go through so there was no order placed. My credit card company called me today and said there was a charge for 160 something from them. I called wirefly today and apparently they can't do anything without an order number. How am i suppose to have an order number if it didn't go through. I then spoke with the supervisor who said that a bug in there system took the charge from the card but since there was no order, I would have my money refunded. I wonder how this will work out now. Ill keep updating here.

Edit*** Wirefly worked hard to see what was going on and they were able to help me solve my issue. Now time to think if i really do want this phone :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones