• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting a hacked Wifi hotspot for a ROM that isnt baked in??

Rxpert83

Dr. Feelgood
Aug 30, 2011
MN
Hey guys,

I just flashed | ROM | JUL 4 | Synergy-Kingdom | NIGHTLYS | 2.3.3 | SENSE 3.0 today with the most recent version and I love this ROM. However, the hotspot app that comes with it isnt functioning.

My question is is it supposed to work with this ROM? If not, how can I get it working? That's literally the only thing from making this my daily driver.

EDIt: It loots like its supposed to be working, so maybe I just need to reflash the ROM?

Hey guys,

I just flashed | ROM | JUL 4 | Synergy-Kingdom | NIGHTLYS | 2.3.3 | SENSE 3.0 today with the most recent version and I love this ROM. However, the hotspot app that comes with it isnt functioning.

My question is is it supposed to work with this ROM? If not, how can I get it working? That's literally the only thing from making this my daily driver.

EDIt: It loots like its supposed to be working, so maybe I just need to reflash the ROM?

well if re-flashing does not work, here is the the hacked apk that you could flash:[HotSpot Hack] Enable Hotspot on Gingerbread - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Which one do I need? Theres two listed there.

Also, when I reflashed the ROM there wasnt even a an icon for it anymore.

that is odd. well i would try the 4.24 version first and download both files for it, the hack and the undo files.. i believe that the other one is the 4.22 version. also do not forget to make a nandroid backup as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones