• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting horribly slow

leoking001

Lurker
Apr 16, 2012
I have a Desire HD and i got a replacement when my old ones camera broke, i downloaded the same apps i had on it but now it seems to get really slow. it will work smoothly but after 10 minutes it will get really slow. If i use my task killer it will make it fast again but leave it another 10 mintues and it wil be slow again. any ideas?

Welcome to the forums!

I had a similar experience when I got one of my phones replaced. I received a refurbished phone and it felt sluggish during the first week. It started acting normally after that. If it continues to perform sluggishly, then I would recommend a factory reset and manually reinstall your apps.

At least, that's what I would do.

Enjoy your stay!

Don't forget to check out the Desire HD sub forums, just in case the owners of your phone can give you more tips.

HTC Desire HD - Android Forums

Have a good one.

Upvote 0
Task killers are what's making your phone slow. Whenever a task killer is used, Android thinks that the killed apps force crashed, so it will try to restart them all again. If a lot of apps have been killed off, it may turn into a vicious cycle that just makes your phone slower, as it tries to restart more and more apps you killed.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones