• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting rid of my Storm

Killing the Storm

• 20lbs Sledge HAmmer

Votes: 53 47.7%
  • Wood Chipper

Votes: 58 52.3%

• Total voters
1. Sound profiles, I used this every day beore I went to be and put the phone in "phone only" mode. No one seems to have a decent fix that doesnt involve software to change how the phone rings at certian times which blows.
2. My damn flip clock when it was charging. It made the best bedside alarm clock ever and the clock took up the whole screen and it looked awesome. My Incredible doesnt come close.

1. Check out Timeriffic (free, simple) or Tasker ($6, more advanced). They can accomplish what you want, plus more.

2. I don't use one, but I'm sure there are ones out there. OR, you could use Tasker and have a clock open up automatically when it is charging and keep the screen on.

The Incredible+Android can do ANYTHING your Storm did. (except have a noticeable LED!).

I sold my Storm on eBay for $120. Sucker born every minute.

Upvote 0
1. Check out Timeriffic (free, simple) or Tasker ($6, more advanced). They can accomplish what you want, plus more.

2. I don't use one, but I'm sure there are ones out there. OR, you could use Tasker and have a clock open up automatically when it is charging and keep the screen on.

The Incredible+Android can do ANYTHING your Storm did. (except have a noticeable LED!).

I sold my Storm on eBay for $120. Sucker born every minute.

have you found an app that will let you skip tracks with the volume buttons? or found a way turn the lock off and let the screen dim 30 seconds and lock after a min? my storm did it but the Dinc cant.

Upvote 0
have you found an app that will let you skip tracks with the volume buttons? or found a way turn the lock off and let the screen dim 30 seconds and lock after a min? my storm did it but the Dinc cant.

Ah, you got me on the" volume button skip track" feature. I forgot that I miss that feature too. I believe it can be done, but needs ROOT. I wonder if it could be coded into the app, like Pandora.

As far as turning lock off, I believe Lockbot can accomplish what you want. I use No Lock, because I don't use the lockscreen at all.

Upvote 0
First off before you kill it. Its a world phone you ever going to europe? Second the two things I miss about my shit storm are
1. Sound profiles, I used this every day beore I went to be and put the phone in "phone only" mode. No one seems to have a decent fix that doesnt involve software to change how the phone rings at certian times which blows.
2. My damn flip clock when it was charging. It made the best bedside alarm clock ever and the clock took up the whole screen and it looked awesome. My Incredible doesnt come close.

Ok so having said that I love my incredible for everything that really matters. I would like to suggest donating it to some sort of organization that sends cell phones to troops overseas. It would be a lot more responsible of you to do that. Ok everyone flame me!

LOL... had to comment ...
I completely agree about the sound profiles and flip clock, but minor issues, in comparison to everything else that is "incredible" (oh no he didn't...) and like others have said, there is an app, or one in development for anything the BB Storm (or any other BB) can do.

That being said, I think I would be remiss if I were to donate my Storm...TO ANYBODY. I don't care how desperate someone might need a cell phone, the only thing my Storm did for me 'near the end' was thoroughly piss me off, reboot, eat batteries and freeze. I can only imagine the poor soul who would have the misfortune of receiving my donated Storm and thinking "What the hell? I WAS BETTER OFF WITHOUT A DAMN PHONE!" :)

So, with this in mind, and having a good friend who happens to have a nice set of railroad tracks right behind their backyard, and with a nice selection of fast and slow moving trains coming through, I am leaning towards death by locomotive. Of course I would have at least two cameras catching this carnage from different angles. At least this is my current consideration - I keep changing my mind.

Upvote 0
LOL... had to comment ...
I completely agree about the sound profiles and flip clock, but minor issues, in comparison to everything else that is "incredible" (oh no he didn't...) and like others have said, there is an app, or one in development for anything the BB Storm (or any other BB) can do.

That being said, I think I would be remiss if I were to donate my Storm...TO ANYBODY. I don't care how desperate someone might need a cell phone, the only thing my Storm did for me 'near the end' was thoroughly piss me off, reboot, eat batteries and freeze. I can only imagine the poor soul who would have the misfortune of receiving my donated Storm and thinking "What the hell? I WAS BETTER OFF WITHOUT A DAMN PHONE!" :)

So, with this in mind, and having a good friend who happens to have a nice set of railroad tracks right behind their backyard, and with a nice selection of fast and slow moving trains coming through, I am leaning towards death by locomotive. Of course I would have at least two cameras catching this carnage from different angles. At least this is my current consideration - I keep changing my mind.

Probably be more satisfying to run over it yourself. Less likely to get arrested for trespassing too (railroads are very uppity about that, and they might notice the cameras). Actually, do you got a blow torch? Just take the battery out first (exploding lithium, not fun).

(INSERT COMMENT ON TAX DEDUCTION FOR DONATED CELL PHONE. [really no advantage for that, but I spent 10 minutes looking into it and didn't want to completely waste my time :) ])

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones