• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting rid of the swiping unlock screen?

no lock would wake with the trackpad maybe half the time, and thats being generous. it did not work consistently with the trackpad so i uninstalled it. it did work almost everytime with the volume keys but thats not what i wanted. i am using lockbot pro at least i can change up the theme of my lockscreen this way. you can also fully customize it with your own backgrounds.

Upvote 0
This is somewhat related, and I didn't want to start a whole new thread over it:

I just got updated to 2.3.6 with WiFi calling on my t-mobile, samsung, galaxy S2.

Now my lock screen shows the image I selected, but it puts the words "Swipe screen to unlock" across the middle of the screen. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

In settings, I can change the position of the clock, which changes the position of the stupid words, but it's still covering a major strip of the image I selected for my lock screen....in this case, a picture of my wife's face. So the banner cuts right across the middle of her face.

It didn't do this before the update.

How can I remove the banner? I tried LockBot and Flysweeper(?) and they don't allow you to use your own images (besides the fact that LockBot makes you unlock your phone 12 times).

Again, how can I remove the banner??

Thanks,
Dave.

Upvote 0
Hi there, I've had my phone for a couple of days and find that the phone darkens then locks and then I have to press the power button on the top to put screen active and then I have to use the drag down unlock feature. I have gone into the screen saver( via the power setting to set and reset the time to 2 min) but still it locks after 10 seconds. Frustrating especially if I'm sitting idle thinking about what it is I want to txt. Can someone help:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones