1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Glass camera lens covers for Desire (for sale?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smssms, May 13, 2011.

1. smssms

smssms Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    I'm making (by hand) a glass lens cover to replace the scratched plastic one on my HTC Desire.

I've done mine now and it works a treat. But, I've got all the practice attempts I made on the way. They have quite scraggy edges but the bit the camera looks though is fine.

I fitted mine by using a normal office hole punch to put a hole in some double-sided sticky tape, then sticking the lens over the hole. Next I cut around the outside of the lens - voil

Attached Files:

Advertisement

DCFC79 likes this.
  2. GeoffJ

GeoffJ Newbie
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    A close examination of the Desire camera lens after removing the back cover shows that it is protected by a square piece of glass located across the front of the lens, as can be seen in the attached photo.
    Therefore, the lens itself is already protected from direct contact by dust.
    Removing the back and occasionally giving this internal glass cover a quick wipe with a lint free cloth is all that is necessary to keep your lens clean. I'm still really pleased with the results from just popping the plastic and leaving the optically perfect :) hole.
    Putting yet another piece of glass in front of the lens will just cause further deterioration of the quality, although the lens is probably not that high quality anyway so I guess it won't really be noticeable. You'll need to be really careful to keep glue, fingerprints and other dirt of the bit of glass you're gluing in.
    [​IMG]

tobydjones likes this.
Tags: