• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail app name appear in uppercase

Instead of showing 'Gmail' under Gmail icon in my launcher, I see a 'GMAIL' all in uppercase. I don't know why because my girfriend have the exact same phone, but for her, the icon is fine.

Well, I know it's only visual, but if someone have I idea why I have this problem or simply know a solution. :thinking:

BTW, I'm on KitKat 4.4.2

Thank you

The APK is on the ROM, so I don't see how it could be corrupted on a locked (and unmodified) device. A factory reset would almost certainly fix whatever is wrong but would also remove all user data from the phone so it's a last resort.

You could try clearing the Launcher cache from settings>apps>all>Launcher and see if that helps. If not do the same but for Launcher data. After that... well, zap with a factory reset.

Or you could always just learn to live with GMAIL shouting at you :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones