• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail App pre-filling email address

freeman3030

Lurker
Sep 16, 2013
Hi,

I have recently changed to a new job. Over the years in my previous job I would often send myself an email from my personal email to my work email to remind me to do something when I next got back to the office.

I have removed my old work email address from my contacts, it doesn't auto populate when using the Gmail on a browser however when using the gmail app on my phone, my old email address keeps popping up as a suggestion. I've tried clearing the cache, I've even tried signing into my gmail on my partners phone incase its something that's stored on the phones memory, however it keeps populating with my old work email address. I don't want it to be there as an option because I will do the same thing with my new job, but I don't want to accidentally send reminders to my old email address that I no longer have access to.

Can anyone help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones