• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail crashes in 2013 N7

Devendra95

Jul 13, 2012
Hi, i just got my new nexus 7 today and i was going through my email. when i tried to reply, gmail force closed with this message "unfortunately, Gmail has stopped".

i tried the following things but no dice:
reboot
clearing cache and data
removing and adding back google account
factory reset

Does anyone else have this problem?

Reactions: bendgo
Bah, they are the same device in all pertinent respects.

The hardware is hardly pertinent in how the device is used and the user interface. Android OS, and Gmail. Yeah their the same device for all intents and purposes. The Nexus was designed to compete with the Galaxy directly so I'd say it's fair. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Case in point: I have the EXACT same problem as this dude/gal above and taken the same steps. I have had the device for about a month but I don't like Gmail to begin with so I resisted using it which is why I didn't experience the EXACT same software difficulties earlier. I suspect it's software.

Still hardware replacement may not work for me because it's too "old" now. We'll see what we can do.

Sigh. Android. >__<
Good luck Devendra!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones