• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMail Inbox Problem

I'm having a problem with some mails not showing up in my Inbox in the Gmail App.

It's not all mails, just the occasional one or two.

Weirdly, if I select "All Mail" rather than "Inbox", I can see them... and they are definitely tagged with the 'Inbox' label, but going back to the Inbox, they're just not there. Really frustrating.

Yet looking at my inbox via the GMail website, it all seems ok

Only been having this issue since getting my Galaxy S2 with the latest version of the Gmail app installed - had no such problems on my old HTC Hero with an older version of the app.

Anyone else get this problem? And if so, what have I go setup wrong!!? :cool:

Really annoying to be notified of a new email, and then have to hunt around to try and find where its gone!

That does happen. I use 2 different computers and the phone. Since I use the laptop the most, I don't bother to sync anymore. Just syncing with the phone twice caused new mail not appear on the computer. It does the same with computers. The desktop will do the same thing that your cell phone is doing. I have to open all mail to see anything. It's Google, too. I use Thunderbird on the computers, and have a GMX mail account along with Gmail. GMX shows all new mail in both laptop and desktop.
If I bother to go to Google's mail page, I also have to open "all mail"
Could be that since your phone is Android, Google thinks that as the main device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones