• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail not defaulting to inbox--instead picking a message

bracktune

Lurker
Nov 10, 2009
I have checked this multiple times to make sure I am not doing something wrong, but it keeps happening. If i leave my gmail on the inbox screen and go to the home screen of the phone, when i return to the gmail app a while later after I have received a new email, it takes me directly to a prior email message--not the newest message or my inbox, but to some other older message.

This keeps happening no matter what I do. I am using two different gmail accounts, and even if I leave the gmail app from my secondary account--it still snaps back to my primary account and some old email after my phone has slept for a while.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

For me, it still happens when I push the "back to inbox" button, and then go to the home screen. If I get a new message but don't check it through notification but through the gmail icon--about 20% of the time it goes to a random message. I have probably checked my email over 200 hundred times at least by now, so this isn't just something I keep doing wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones