• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail notification options on HTC EVO

jdmclemore

Lurker
Jul 1, 2010
Hello,

I just switched from my old iPhone to an HTC EVO a week ago. I'm a heavy user of Google apps, including Gmail of course.

My question is regarding notification options. On my iPhone, I liked that I could set up mail to only vibrate with a new message. With Android, it looks like there's a default notification sound you can set up in the "Sound and Display" phone settings. And while in the Gmail app, you can get more granular, specifying a different ringtone if you like and add vibe. But there's no option to vibe only!

Am I missing something? Maybe something for a future update?

Thanks!
James

Yeah, I actually tried that first. When set to "Silent" ringtone with Vibe on (in Gmail settings), it doesn't make any sound or vibe at all. It shows up in the notification bar just fine though.

I know vibe is working - haptic feedback works, and I get vibe when I get a call.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones