• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Go Launcher Question

I just got this phone and installed the Go Launcher. and I want the option to where you click on your "home" button you get the option to go to your phones default or the go launcher. Mine set itself to Go when I first installed it I can't get the option to choose.
And in the settings it has "no defaults set" greyed out but IT IS the default and I DON'T want it to be the default.
How do I fix it?
Thanks.

w
I just got this phone and installed the Go Launcher. and I want the option to where you click on your "home" button you get the option to go to your phones default or the go launcher. Mine set itself to Go when I first installed it I can't get the option to choose.
And in the settings it has "no defaults set" greyed out but IT IS the default and I DON'T want it to be the default.
How do I fix it?
Thanks.

That's weird, I use Go Launcher on my Xoom and my Maxx and not only did it not set to default when it first installed, each time there's an update it clears the default and makes me select it again. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling (backup you go launcher settings first and then you can restore after reinstall). Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0
Thanks. That will work for now, but wasn't the solution I had in mind. There should be a way to switch by selecting your home button and not having to open a separate app.

The only time Go Launcher will not be using the haptic "home" button is if you force stop the launcher, or install a program like Go Locker, which allows you to program the button as well. There is no way within the Go Launcher program to allow the original launcher access to the home button in the manner that you are requesting. If it is really important and you see this as an issue, a letter to the developers might be in order.

Upvote 0
If you download home switcher from the market (play store), it will work to let you choose which launcher you want. Once you download it, using the home button will give you the choice if you want to use the stock launcher or go launcher. If you want the home button to launch either as default, the you set whichever launcher you want as default and using the home button will automatically go to the launcher you set as default. If you wasn't to go back to having a choice between launchers then go into settings and clear defaults. Home switcher enables your Razr to work exactly how the home button works on most Android phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones