1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Go Launcher Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bethani, May 1, 2012.

1. Bethani

Bethani Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I just got this phone and installed the Go Launcher. and I want the option to where you click on your "home" button you get the option to go to your phones default or the go launcher. Mine set itself to Go when I first installed it I can't get the option to choose.
    And in the settings it has "no defaults set" greyed out but IT IS the default and I DON'T want it to be the default.
    How do I fix it?
    Thanks.

Advertisement

2. doctorfrylock

doctorfrylock Member
    None

Mar 4, 2012
    Detroit, MI
    Download Home Switcher from the Play Store, open it, and you should see the Motorola launcher.

3. Bethani

Bethani Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks. That will work for now, but wasn't the solution I had in mind. There should be a way to switch by selecting your home button and not having to open a separate app.

4. daltekkie

daltekkie Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    w
    That's weird, I use Go Launcher on my Xoom and my Maxx and not only did it not set to default when it first installed, each time there's an update it clears the default and makes me select it again. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling (backup you go launcher settings first and then you can restore after reinstall). Just a suggestion.

5. AlbinLee

AlbinLee Member
    None

Apr 1, 2012
    Civil Engineer
    Seattle, WA
    The only time Go Launcher will not be using the haptic "home" button is if you force stop the launcher, or install a program like Go Locker, which allows you to program the button as well. There is no way within the Go Launcher program to allow the original launcher access to the home button in the manner that you are requesting. If it is really important and you see this as an issue, a letter to the developers might be in order.

6. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Lurker
    None

Apr 8, 2012
    If you download home switcher from the market (play store), it will work to let you choose which launcher you want. Once you download it, using the home button will give you the choice if you want to use the stock launcher or go launcher. If you want the home button to launch either as default, the you set whichever launcher you want as default and using the home button will automatically go to the launcher you set as default. If you wasn't to go back to having a choice between launchers then go into settings and clear defaults. Home switcher enables your Razr to work exactly how the home button works on most Android phones.

7. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    The default launcher option will be cleared any time you install or uninstall a launcher. I do a lot of testing, and have four or five launchers on my phone at any given time, so I see this issue all the time.

8. bimalmouse

bimalmouse Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2012
    į'm ŋęw ţo āŋdŗoįd ŋd dįş go lāųŋ

9. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    woods of VA
    I've tried and tried to figure it out. And I couldn't. No matter what I did or what launcher I used it would default and I wouldn't get the option to choose home or whatever launcher i had installed. So i got rid of them all and I'm sticking with blur for now until ICS comes

10. ryedunn

ryedunn Lurker
    None

Oct 14, 2010
    Developer
    Chicago
    • click on the go locker shortcut
    • at the top of the inital screen you will see these options (featured, Installed, and an icon for options)
    • click on the options icon (looks like three horizontal bars)
    • Scroll down to the security section and turn on Security lock.