• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Going to root....

Are you on the CW home screen? Should look something like this (w/out all the white text at bottom)?

img20100920184835.jpg

Reactions: Bob-o
Upvote 0
Not a problem, glad to hear it's up and running again :). I apologize for the fact that it seemed like we weren't always on the same page. Just so you know, since you restored the backup that I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) you made before loading the kernel/ROM you should have neither running on it right now. If you want to give your nerves a rest before trying to run them again I would understand ;)

Upvote 0
im glad I could provide a comedy hour last night! :D man was I freaked I thought I bricked it. You guys on here are some of the nicest and helpful people I have ever met. You guys should all have your own donate thing where people like me can donate for helping us. I would have gave you my savings last night! Lol Anyways I wanna thank Maz again for the help. Reading back through all my posts, im chuckeling at how scared of my wife I was sounding! :D

Upvote 0
Ok I flashed stupid fast kernell...is there any way to download a rom say jts super clean .4 right to my phone from my phone and flash it at work? :D and when they get this update thats coming out, will it be a rom? How do I update stupid fast? Should everything I flash be done from a laptop or js that what the rom manager download thing is?

Upvote 0
Ok I flashed stupid fast kernell...is there any way to download a rom say jts super clean .4 right to my phone from my phone and flash it at work? :D and when they get this update thats coming out, will it be a rom? How do I update stupid fast? Should everything I flash be done from a laptop or js that what the rom manager download thing is?

glad to see you got all squared away with Maz's help last night Bob :)

theres no reason you couldnt d/l jts rom from rom manager on your phone and flash it at work, but its a huge file and unless you are on wifi you might not want to :eek:

whenever dj05 comes out it will (most likely) be in a flashable update.zip just like a rom.

you can't really "update" a kernel you can just flash the newer version whenever you get it, just like any other kernel.

and it doesnt really matter if you use rom manager or your laptop to flash stuff, just a preference (personally i very rarely use rom manager)

Upvote 0
When I go into rom manager, and click on jt super clean .4 it asked what theme I want....is that just the theme of the rom? Is the dark glass mod close to the super dark? And what is the option dark glass with slide animation?

yup thats just a theme you can add to the rom without doing it manually

[Theme] Dark Gloss Mod UPDATED 11/08 Now available in ROM Manager! - xda-developers <---that is dark gloss which is the theme from super dark

slide animation is just a transition mod for your phone it bothers me so i dont use it :)

Upvote 0
You two need to get a room :rolleyes:

:p;):DJK Nicely done Maz, you certainly got this thing down pat now

Haha, well, I couldn't leave him hanging.

So say I ever wanted to go back to factory out of the box, how do I do that? Is there a quick way to go back,to factory? In case I ever want to reset my phone?

You could just boot into recovery (CW or stock) and select 'wipe data/factory reset'. Note though, this will delete everything you have on and have done with your phone. It will be the exact same way it was when you took it out of the box. I would only do this if returning the phone or needed to have it stock.

Upvote 0
So say I ever wanted to go back to factory out of the box, how do I do that? Is there a quick way to go back,to factory? In case I ever want to reset my phone?

as long as you dont have a lagfix installed you can odin phone back to stock by pushing pit/system, kernel, and stock recovery instead of clockwork....all the files are in the odin thread :D

Reactions: Mazeraski
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones