• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gonna Root (maybe) but got questions...

melynbeth

Jan 31, 2010
I am going to root---I think--but I seriously have no idea about any of the jargon. I downloaded what I think I needed but I am not that computer savy. Should I just not do it then? I don't want to ruin my phone.
If I should do it, do I have to erase everything on my sd card??? I've got pics on there and stuff that i don't want to lose!!!

If your not Computer smart you should read a LOT before you attempt to root. It really isnt that hard to follow the tutorials, but when something doesnt go to plan (ie Windows 7 not syncing properly) thats when the smarts come in and you have to figure out what to do.

Your SD card should be fine, it wont need to be wiped out, but before you start tinkering, make a backup of everything you wish to save.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones