• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good & working wall chargers for the Moto G?

Ubercharrge

Android Enthusiast
Aug 11, 2012
Hi. :) I've seen some discussion about wall chargers on here but never a thread about one.

So.. Wall charger thread! Which ones are you using for your Moto G? My Moto G should be here by Wednesday.
I'm not quite sure which one i should buy from Amazon yet. What do you recommend me to buy?​

Reactions: alfick3
From the Motorola website ...

"Any Motorola charger with the correct micro-USB tip will charge your Moto G. You will see the best results when the output of the charger is between 500 mA and 1.5 A. The higher the output, the faster your Moto G will charge.

If your charger output is higher, the MOTO G will automatically restrict the charging rate. If your charger is lower, it will simply take longer to reach a full charge."

... Thom

Reactions: Ubercharrge
Upvote 0
If I was to buy one, I would look at some Motorola chargers, maybe a Moto X. It should work pretty good with the G. I've been using Samsung chargers, the one for my Strat and the wife's SGS3. They seem to work just as good as any other.

Now at work, with my Strat I have an LG charger that I leave in case I need to charge my phone. I'm not sure how good it will work with the G but it would charge the Strat pretty slow. I think I'll take the G's USB charger to work and use it instead.

Upvote 0
I've been looking at the Powergen 2.4A charger and the Anker 3.6A model.

The Moto G should regulate the current going in so it doesn't damage anything and both these chargers Amperage is over what the Moto G requires so they should charge it at maximum safe speed. Both of these chargers have dual ports and are powerful enough to charge bigger phones and tablets etc. Just trying to decide on which one to get myself but these two look pretty good.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0
Those are some pretty good looking chargers, I'll bookmark them in case I need to order. Go for the white color because the USB charger that comes with the G is white!

Yeah, they're cheap, look good and exceed the amp requirement of the phone for fastest safe rate of charging so they should be a good choice. I'll probably go for one of these. If I do I'll be sure to let you guys know how it works out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones