• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google account problem

Orfeas91

Feb 5, 2010
Hi all, recently I bought a Samsung Galaxy Lite and I am having trouble setting my Google account. Whenever i try to connect to my Gmail or on Android Market through my mail this message appears :
"This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services." I called the company that sold me the SIM card but they were not able to do something. :mad: What should I do?
By the way I can connect to the internet through wifi just fine...

I'm new here and signed up to see if anyone had more info about Samsung and gmail not working. This is what I found in the help menu at gmail and have reported it through gmail that I have this issue also:

Unable to access IMAP from Samsung mobile device
We're aware of an issue affecting IMAP access in the mail client on Samsung mobile devices. We are currently investigating the situation, but please note that the Samsung mail clients are not officially supported for Gmail IMAP access at this time.

Anybody have more info? I can't find a thread relating to this specifically, but your issue with your Samsung Galaxy sounds like mine.

I'm hoping this is resolved soon as I have had my Samsung Behold 2 for 3 weeks and the gmail stopped working around Feb 8. I have other mail I can use, but....gggrrrr!

Upvote 0
My time, date and market are all fine. No problems really with the phone, just gmail. I was wondering if anyone had more info on the Samsung/gmail issue.

Like I said earlier, I have a Behold 2, so I am in the 'wrong' forum but Orfeas' problem sounded just like my gmail issue so I thought I would try here first. I'll post something in the Behold area and see what I find out. Will let you what I find out if you would like. :)

Upvote 0
Well, now my gmail is working and I didn't do a thing! I will keep these on my 'try this' list for any future problems. Thanks for all your help! I will be back to read more since this is my first phone upgrade in almost 5 years so I am very new to this. I am thrilled to have found this forum that is so organized, informative and friendly! :)

Upvote 0
Hi all, recently I bought a Samsung Galaxy Lite and I am having trouble setting my Google account. Whenever i try to connect to my Gmail or on Android Market through my mail this message appears :
"This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services." I called the company that sold me the SIM card but they were not able to do something. :mad: What should I do?
By the way I can connect to the internet through wifi just fine...
=====
I have the problem and the "same Message" comes, when I try to log-in. I bought the mobile in India. It worked well both in India & Bahrain for almost for 2 weeks. While connecting to Kies yesterday, it upgraded the firmware and Stopped connecting to Google account. Of course, I do not have data connectivity (Zain SIM); but I have broadband WIFI. WEB browsing is possible even now - Not connecting to Market, Gmail, Gtalk, Calendar, etc. Please help.. Thanks..

Upvote 0
=====
I have the problem and the "same Message" comes, when I try to log-in. I bought the mobile in India. It worked well both in India & Bahrain for almost for 2 weeks. While connecting to Kies yesterday, it upgraded the firmware and Stopped connecting to Google account. Of course, I do not have data connectivity (Zain SIM); but I have broadband WIFI. WEB browsing is possible even now - Not connecting to Market, Gmail, Gtalk, Calendar, etc. Please help.. Thanks..

Dear All,
YES, by a "FACTORY RESET" process, the problem has been sorted out. I could log-in to Google account in Bahrain. Even Market, Gtalk are working!!! Thank God. Thanks to all members & the webmaster and all associated with this VERY USEFUL FORUM / site. Regards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones