• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Apps never load or sync

Hey everyone,

I got an LG G4 recently, and I've had so many problems with it. The one that causes me trouble the most is that the Google apps often don't work — that is, the Google Play store, the Gmail app, the Google Music app. They all seem to have issues with syncing or even opening.

When I open these apps, they usually just show the "loading" circle eternally, or else show an un-updated screen. In Google Music, I go into settings and hit "refresh," and nothing happens. I have found if I go into my settings>apps>Google Music, force the app to stop, and delete all the content, then it updates. Sometimes if I restart my phone, the apps will work once or twice. It doesn't matter if I'm connected to Wi-Fi or if I'm on my data.

I don't know if this is related, but also, every time I restart my phone, it says "Sorry, setup wizard has stopped."

I have also had a bunch of other issues with the phone: the camera buzzes when I open it, along with the picture moving. It also buzzes if I turn on the flashlight. The auto-brightness has been strange too.

Is it normal to have all these problems? I'm feeling incredibly frustrated.

What you're experiencing is not normal. The G4's implementation of Lollipop (you don't say, but I'm assuming you're not yet on Marshmallow) has actually been quite stable for most users. One step you may consider for this sort of generalized issue is to clear the cache partition -- I don't have the steps handy, but they're available on line (it requires restarting the phone in a particular way and navigating a low level menu before the OS ever loads). This is a non-destructive operation that will leave your apps and data alone. If the issues persist, you should see if your vendor or carrier can help, and maybe also consider setting the phone back to its factory image if you can't get help from a vendor.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones