• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Chrome on my phone

Chrome has artifacts on stock as well. I still use it though. Dolphin is meh and the stock HTC browser is garbage. No tabs? What? I wish the ICS browser was available for the stock Rom, I really liked it on triumph and I'm waiting for the scene to develop a bit before I start using roms again. To be honest, this is the first of the 6 android phones I've owned that I actually feel satisfied with the stock experience on.

Upvote 0
I'm running mean rom and Google chrome seems to be graphically buggy.

There's like visual artefacts when I run it. Thought maybe my phone was messed up but they disaster as soon as I close it. DB HD runs fine.
No they made it manage to apparently not play nicely with Adreno GPUs as I noticed the same artifacting on the phone.

Firefox was nice(nightlies ARMv7) but I haven't tried it in a while. I really don't use the phone much for browsing as even at the 4.x" size it's a bit small for me and I never cared much for zooming and panning around. (On something like the Note size I'd probably use it alot.... v. borderline usefulness on 4" sized screens, and pretty much useless 3" screens.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones