• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Drive Storage prices have been slashed

We have a terabyte on Google Drive, which is included with our Google Fiber gigabit internet. We also have 105GB on Dropbox, which costs $100/year. Dropbox is worth the money and we'll keep it despite having a terabyte on GD. Dropbox is more flexible than GD, Dropbox has support for Linux and Dropbox is way, waaaaaaay faster uploading/downloading/syncing than GD. Dropbox + Google Fiber just kicks butt. I was very surprised GD was so much slower.

Upvote 0
We have a terabyte on Google Drive, which is included with our Google Fiber gigabit internet. We also have 105Mb on Dropbox, which costs $100/year. Dropbox is worth the money and we'll keep it despite having a terabyte on GD. Dropbox is more flexible than GD, Dropbox has support for Linux and Dropbox is way, waaaaaaay faster uploading/downloading/syncing than GD. Dropbox + Google Fiber just kicks butt. I was very surprised GD was so much slower.

105MB? You're getting ripped off, man!

Upvote 0
105MB? You're getting ripped off, man!
Not at all. Dropbox is by far the most flexible and useful, and is leaps and bounds the faster than any other cloud storage service I've tried. Only Dropbox is anywhere near fast enough to take advantage of Google Fiber speeds.

Worth every friggin' penny. From my perspective, you are the one getting ripped off.

PS: That should have been 105GB for $100/year, not 100Mb in my previous post. Oops. I've corrected it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones