• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Find My device

Polterry

Dec 16, 2014
How do I set up above so that somebody finding my phone will see the message to call a number. I have set up app and checked that the mesage is correct. I can get the phone to ring from my computer. However when I pretend to have lost the phone

google's find my phone only can: find the phone, lock the phone and erase the data on the phone.

if you are looking for it to do other things like leave a message, you will not find the google's find my phone will do that.

Reactions: Dannydet
Thanks for info.
What is the point off having a message set up if a finder cannot use??? Completely stupid & frustrating.

Is there an android app that will enable a finder to see a mesage but not access phone contents

Regards
Terry Green
there is no message setup in google's find my phone. i think crapple has it on their phones, but not google.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Is there an android app that will enable a finder to see a mesage but not access phone contents
Do you mean just set a message on the lock screen - 'please call this number if found'?
If so then it's in settings/display/lock screen/add text on lock screen. Whatever you type there will show on the screen but the phone remains locked like normal.
I've read this a few times and am confused about what you're looking for but think that may be it?

Upvote 0
Yes and unfortunately that message will always be on your lock screen, every time it locks....
I don't mind my lockscreen always saying "If found please contact ...." myself. I've done that for as long as I've had a smartphone.

Though these days I rarely see it because I wake my phone with the fingerprint sensor and so the screen usually come on already unlocked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones