• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Latitude (check-ins) on X10

daviddakota

Jan 20, 2010
I seem to have a big problem with Latitude Check in features with the X10.

The device never, never seems to check me in anywhere - I have no check in notifications, I never auto check in to those the places I have set, and I never check out either. Bloody frustrating.

Its been so long since I used another Android device, but I think I know the cause - Google Maps only updates when it is open, as soon as you leave the app, or power down the screen, the GPS/Wireless signals must just be cut off and Maps considers you stationary (when you load back into Maps, your marker will be sitting in a previous location, but after a second jump to the current - and accurate - location). My initial feeling is that this may be a deliberate patch by SE over Maps to conserve battery life.

Any idea what the heck is going on?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones