• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google LG Nexus

macm29

Lurker
Dec 15, 2017
Miami
Hello.

I have a LGH790 Google Nexus that has 2 issues:
1. It is stuck in a bootloop
2. Device State is locked.

All the solutions I have found online to fix either issue need the other issue to be fixed. So I am going in circles.

I have installed the adb tools, but my device doesn't show in the list when I use the command adb devices. I also install the google drivers.

I am really stuck. Any ideas?

Wugs toolkit may be able to help but I'd wager that a fair 99.999% of the Nexus 5X bootloops observed in the past year are hardware related. You may be able to get the phone to boot briefly after placing it in a sealed ziplock bag in the freezer for a few minutes. If that works, it would (a) verify that it's a hardware fault related to thermal failure and (b) possibly give you enough time to enable the "Allow OEM Unlocking" developer option. You could then try this fix from XDA which disables half of the phone's processor cores to work around the failure.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones