• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps Download Que

JRob2k

Jul 28, 2010
so i took the captivate on the road and used it as navigation. it worked great for the first 3 hours of the trip, reception or not. i was amazed until i received a notice that my phone internal app memory is low and i need to uninstall my apps. theres no way my memory should be full because i've checked it every few days and i've had 1.6 gb free. all of a sudden i've got 126mb. i'm guessing that Google maps had downloaded the maps in advanced and had just filled up the internal memory. unfortunately i have no clue how to clear the maps. until i can figure this out i cant receive emails, or texts or any messages because the memory is full. does someone know how to clear the old maps from the navigation app? i'm on the road so i havent been able to look at it extensively. i will research it more when i get a chance and post anything i find. thanks for any help in advanced.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones