• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Music Player won't instant mix

c0mp73r

Lurker
Aug 9, 2013
Hey, I can't seem to get my Droid Razr Maxx to do the instant mix option on any song... I have about 15gb of music so I know it has plenty to choose from, and I had a program called ID3Fixer go in and write metadata to all my files... I just can't figure it out. Help... I like the android native music player but I will change it out I guess to one that actually does this "instant mix" genius type funtion... (any reccomendations for another music player will be greatly appreciated)

Yeah, for some reason that doesn't work for me either - I suspect it may be part of the pay-to-play 10 bucks a month service :rolleyes:

As a work around, you can start any song, check Shuffle is on, then go to Genres or Artists or Albums, tap the little 3 dot vertical menu on each Genre/Album/Artist and tap Add to queue.

To simplify this, I changed all my music files to have the same genre so I get random play across all my music with one Add to queue.

Not perfect, but then it's Play Music (the world's worst music player) so no surprise there :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones