• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Pixel 2 broken? Bricked? Boot uploaded screen any help appreciated!

Hello, I was sending a message on my pixel yesterday when my phone died.. so far so ordinary... when I plugged in the phone to charge and then turned it back on I got a bootloader screen (sorry, I have no idea if I'm using that term right?). I've tried clicking all the options such as 'start', 'restart bootloader', 'download mode' but they just bring me back to the same screen and at the bottom it says 'ERROR: Slot Unbootable: Load Error'.

Can anyone advise what I can do?/ it I can do anything?

I'm trying to get access to a laptop as I'm in a foreign country that isn't well developed atm but I'm pretty clueless whether its a complete no go even trying to get it working again as after googling it seems to be a bad thing that the 'device state' is 'locked'. Basically if anyone who understands how the software works knows if this screen means it's bricked and I should just accept it then that would be an amazing help.

I bought it only 3 months ago but secondhand so I don't think google will offer any support either but I'm a bit stuck as there's no phone signal where I am to get a help callback from them and I also can't access twitter to message them that way either.

Thanks for reading

icon_share_ios_32.png

Attachments

• IMG_2177.JPG
    IMG_2177.JPG
    328.8 KB · Views: 748

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones