• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google play music all access for 9.99$ worth it?

cannon11

Aug 22, 2012
Wisconsin
So I haven't loaded my music on to my phone yet, because I am waiting for my brother to come home in two weeks so I can use his laptop. Anyway I go on the play store and see the 9.99$ all access play music 30 days. Is this worth it? I Figured I would be able to download all of my old music plus some all through here instead of bothering with my brothers laptop. I'm pretty new to android yet, So I'd thought I'd ask an opinion, Anyone use this? Do they have just about any song that you can think of? Can you download full albums at a time? And I also see that there is a 30 day free trial, does that mean I can download 300 songs within the trial period and get them all for free? Or what? :p
Anyway, feedback would e nice :)

All Access is ultimately a streaming service. You can make playlists and choose to keep playlists on your Android devices (I don't know about other mobile platforms though) for listening offline. In the long run, if you tend to listen to a lot of music and would like some control (unlike mainstream radio), this may be worth it to you. Personally, I started with it soon after they launched it and am paying $8 per month because I jumped on board before that deadline was up. Even if you don't use All Access, the free service (which was around before) allows you to upload your music and be able to listen to it on the go. If you decide you like a song you are listening to via All Access, you can always purchase it on Google Play and have the ability to download it through your PC's web browser or using the Google Music Manager app for PC (this app is also how one would upload songs to the service).

Reactions: cxs6957
Upvote 0
I think it is more than worth it. I listen to music often, and probably spent more than 10 bucks a month on music anyways. So now, I really don't need to "buy" anything. I find that most music I look for is on there...new releases usually show up the day they are realesed as well. Some stuff is missing...the beatles come to mind (apple records), but I already own most that stuff anyway. Even some of the "abstract" stuff I listen to is often available.
However, you can't just download as much as possible, then cancel and expect to have that music still. First and foremost, it is streaming. You can "pin" music to your phone for offline listening, but it is not downloaded to your phone (or pc). Once you cancel, you will lose your pinned music.
I suggest you "drag and drop" your much listened to music onto your phone storage, so you don't always have to rely on streaming or "pinning" everything you already know you like with all access. I would still get the all access for everything else though. I have had since it came on line a couple months ago... now it's like I have at least another two dozen albums that I listen to all the time.

Upvote 0
I subscribe to it, I initially signed up for the introductory price but mistakenly chose an old debit card and it was canceled, but last week I resubscribed and paid the 9.99 for it. To me it's worth it, I have used music downloader apps but they're iffy, and every song I want is on Google Play except only one I've searched for, and I like the ability to make playlists and also I can access it at work and listen to music in between taking calls, it's nice and makes my music experience easier and more enjoyable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones