• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play Services Crashing

My personal experience with any form of Gmail has always been poor.
Messages not ever showing up in my inbox....

until, I installed AquaMail * Aqua Mail - email app - Android Apps on Google Play

anyone have any idea why a different app would make any difference on seeing something in my inbox?
I have not even been able to use my Windows PC web access to Gmail.... right off the Google Maps page, click on Apps and then Gmail... and the inbox is bare as a new born babe.

so, I quit using gmail years ago, check once in a while, but nothing is ever there.

Upvote 0
I've never had any problem with receiving gmail in about nine years with three pc's and four phones (two primary and two secondary..the kyocera hydro icon is a secondary device for me...don't have phone service on it)

The problem here has nothing to do with gmail. It has to do with Kyocera software on this device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been unsuccessful in applying the workaround to my Hydro Icon due to my unfamiliarity with rooting the phone, etc. and I could not get the Kyocera provided update to work as well. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the folder /system/lib because if I try to copy the file libpredtm.so I get EROFS error (Read-only folder) which means I am not rooted and if I am rooted, I get the error EACCESS which I am not sure why I should get if I am rooted.

I tried to get Kyocera support for this but I did not get any technical support, just email bouncers who keep telling you to do a factory data reset and download the update and finally gave up saying that due to rooting the phone warranty was voided.:mad:

I wonder what I should do with this one. I understand UNIX and Linux but I don't know how rooting on Android works and why there are so many apps for that and why I need to install kingroot first and then replace with it ith something else as indicated in the workaround.:thinking:

Upvote 0
I have been unsuccessful in applying the workaround to my Hydro Icon due to my unfamiliarity with rooting the phone, etc. and I could not get the Kyocera provided update to work as well. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the folder /system/lib because if I try to copy the file libpredtm.so I get EROFS error (Read-only folder) which means I am not rooted and if I am rooted, I get the error EACCESS which I am not sure why I should get if I am rooted.

I tried to get Kyocera support for this but I did not get any technical support, just email bouncers who keep telling you to do a factory data reset and download the update and finally gave up saying that due to rooting the phone warranty was voided.:mad:

I wonder what I should do with this one. I understand UNIX and Linux but I don't know how rooting on Android works and why there are so many apps for that and why I need to install kingroot first and then replace with it ith something else as indicated in the workaround.:thinking:

Because of you keep Kingroot on your device you run the risk of bricking your device.

If you plan on unrooting after copying the file then skip the replacement step. Then unroot directly after copying the file, then reboot.

You did give ES File explorer root privileges? You may need to manually set it to have root access.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones