• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play Services not Working :(

Google opinion rewards, google sends you surveys and they pay you for answering most of them. In the last 1.5 years I've made $50.00~

Oh duh, I've been doing this for a while and didn't even realized until you mentioned it that I should use my rewards to buy the stinkin app haha. Thanks

As far as the other app I linked earlier, nevermind what I said sort of... turns out that the app does start and broadcast a signal but it's apparently only an adhoc device-to-device signal vs a true hotspot. Weird. I was able to connect to it with my Macbook Air but the connection here stinks (I only get 3g) so it was slow. Will have to try out with the purchased Wifi Tether App now.

Upvote 0
When I try to go to the download page to get the Kingroot APK in Chrome, I get this:
Seems pretty shady...

Are you visiting http://www.kingroot.net/? That's the official site. (Also be aware that Google tends to flag sites that distribute Android rooting software as "malware" -- they obviously are not too cool with the idea of users rooting Android devices.)

Regardless, after you use the app to root the Hydro Vibe and fix it, you can un-root and uninstall KingRoot if you don't want it on your phone.

I used KingRoot to root, fixed my Hydro Vibe, and uninstalled the crapware (Lumen Toolbar, the various useless Virgin Mobile apps), and finally un-rooted and removed KingRoot. Phone works better than before! (Thanks to the absence of bloatware.)

Last edited:
Reactions: gnosy and FoneFuzz
Upvote 0
Are you visiting http://www.kingroot.net/? That's the official site. (Also be aware that Google tends to flag sites that distribute Android rooting software as "malware" -- they obviously are not too cool with the idea of users rooting Android devices.)

Regardless, after you use the app to root the Hydro Vibe and fix it, you can un-root and uninstall KingRoot if you don't want it on your phone.

I used KingRoot to root, fixed my Hydro Vibe, and uninstalled the crapware (Lumen Toolbar, the various useless Virgin Mobile apps), and finally un-rooted and removed KingRoot. Phone works better than before! (Thanks to the absence of bloatware.)
For what its worth DrWeb which I think is excellent antimalware did not flag kingroot. I think XDA also tested it and deemed it not spyware. So I would be more concerned with having root vs which program. Phone hijacking scams are becoming more prevalent so I fixed the phone and unrooted once removed crapware. I have no other good reason to keep it rooted. As an aside remember to uncheck auto retrieve mms from message app as Vibe is vulnerable to stage fright

Reactions: HowieWrites
Upvote 0
My personal feeling about rooting is that for most people, you should only root to get under the proverbial hood to fix a specific issue, and when you're done, you should unroot. Like closing the hood of a car when repairs are finished. It's just safe procedure.

I can see the benefit for staying root, like tethering, but in my personal case I use Android Pay far more. This and most banking apps won't run on rooted devices for the obvious security reasons.

Reactions: Lpen21
Upvote 0
I tried the SuperSU-Me app and it does work...kind of... But SuperSU makes the apps that request root freeze at first then they work when relaunched. I am just going to stick to Kingo's SU, At Least for now. There was an easy terminal command that would remove Kingo's SU and install SuperSU and everything ran flawlessly but it no longer works with the newer version of Kingo's SU. So w/e Everything seems to be working great. Wifi Tether is amazing, Adfree works great, and Titanium back up works great as well! all the root apps I care about. If you want wired tether ClockworkMod's tether app works amazingly. I am using the Hydro Icon which the Camera app is rubbish and really makes the Camera worst then it really is. Install google camera. It's much better! The phone is actually not to bad if you work around the shitty OS apps. I just wish there was away to backup the rom file and restore it. It makes doing ANYTHING that involves root scary. I am not waiting 2 weeks again for my phone to be replaced by screwing up the rom lol.

Upvote 0
This worked for me.

Download KingoRoot for Android at www.kingoapp.com

Install on phone.

Turn on root(superuser) privileges. Be patient – it took me 3 tries before it successfully gave me root privileges.

You will need to download the file libpredtm.zip onto your phone and extract it.

See attached file.

Download ES File Explorer File Manager from Google Play.

On the sidebar, enable the Root Explorer option then open Device /system/lib.

Copy the libpredtm.so file to Device /system/lib.

Reboot your phone and everything should work again.

This works!!! I've been patiently waiting and performing the temp. Fix (installing older version of GPS) and I've grown tried of it! Although I just performed this fix a min ago, I am now running GPS 8.3.00 and my Google apps aren't crashing!

Upvote 0
I just reposted the solution in its own topic because it keeps getting buried and people are following different instructions.

Black0x: Kingroot and Kingoroot are different. They both install Kinguser but they are maintained by different companies. Root Genius also installs Kinguser but I think their rooting methods are a little behind Kingroot and Kingoroot. All of these root methods are aggregates of hundreds of different exploits and they basically just cycle through exploits that have been successful on your phone model until your phone is rooted. If there is no data on your phone, they use exploits based on your kernel version.

Reactions: Blackb0x
Upvote 0
I just reposted the solution in its own topic because it keeps getting buried and people are following different instructions.

Black0x: Kingroot and Kingoroot are different. They both install Kinguser but they are maintained by different companies. Root Genius also installs Kinguser but I think their rooting methods are a little behind Kingroot and Kingoroot. All of these root methods are aggregates of hundreds of different exploits and they basically just cycle through exploits that have been successful on your phone model until your phone is rooted. If there is no data on your phone, they use exploits based on your kernel version.
Thank you, kingo/king very confusing.

Upvote 0
After my KingRoot>SuperSU-Me procedure, I used System App Remover (Root) to get rid of the system bloated apps that were known to be safe to remove. I rebooted the phone and got a message from SuperSU-Me that said it needed binaries installed and that it couldn't do it and said "This Is bad." Since I was done doing what I wanted to do with the phone I removed SuperSU-Me in settings>apps and then remover System App Remover and rebooted again. Been a few days now and, y'know, this Icon ain't half bad!

Now, if only rooting and cleaning my Moto E 2 was this easy........

Upvote 0
Yep the fix works but I've got another issue.

Anyone can help me out with the factory version number for the Google Play Services APK for the Hydro Icon on 4.4.2?

Kind of nuked the package by mistake.

Even more thanks if someone can rip a copy of it and upload. It should be located in /system/priv-app/ and it's called GMScore.apk. You'll need to be rooted.

Upvote 0
Yep the fix works but I've got another issue.

Anyone can help me out with the factory version number for the Google Play Services APK for the Hydro Icon on 4.4.2?

Kind of nuked the package by mistake.

Even more thanks if someone can rip a copy of it and upload. It should be located in /system/priv-app/ and it's called GMScore.apk. You'll need to be rooted.
Here is the Hydro Icon version of GMsCore.apk from system/priv-app.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A SOLUTION FOR AN INDIVIDUAL, NOT A SOLUTION TO THE GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES PROBLEM. THE ONLY REASON TO DOWNLOAD THIS FILE IS IF YOU HAVE DELETED YOUR COPY OF GMSCORE.APK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warmugmit
Upvote 0

Thank you for the clarification!

Upvote 0
This week has been horrible for my phone. Actually, my wife and I are suffering from the same issue with our Hydro Vibes. For some odd reason, Google Play services has decided that it will simply not cooperate. For instance, I can open Inbox, Hangouts, Calendar, Play Games, Play books, Photos and of course the Play Store but Wallet, YouTube, YouTube Gaming, Play Music and Google Drive all force close. I have performed two factory resets this week and nothing has helped. Even contacting Kyocera and Virgin Mobile left me with no positive result. Is anyone else having the same issue?
Yes I'm having the same problem,I have not used my phone for a couple monthsWhen I turned on the service Google Wallet no longer workedI talked with Google WalletRepresentatives on the phoneThey insisted there was no known problem,I insisted it had to be my android,btw my issue specifically is I can not access my google wallet app on my android hydro kyrocera,now I understand in the past few months they say they created ,2 new versions,apps called android pay,and the new google wallet,this is may or not be true,but I accuse google of lying,and actually just changing the name of the google wallet to android pay,when I go to the play store it showed my gwallet as android pay,it clearly shows my review for gwallet,I have never been member of android pay,the android pay app review shows my review for gwallet,first fact of fraud,support can try and say whatever,rhis ia theft of my written documentation . So I actually tried loading the pay app,when it loaded I clicked it after a minute it disappeared like gwallet,error "unfortunately gwallet has stopped" uninstaling updates to g sevices,version 8, error gwallet will not run unless you update google services,,!loading your version from you guys links?hack?your not google,your not google play,I dontthink you have any affiliation with google,anyhoo triedanyway,lol,can not load atall your versions of google services from ypu guys links?lol?hack?lol?I trust randoms more than google at this point,and my phone is hideing my money,I have also considered buying new kyrocera,I have also startedto try to access with a new android,but I have not set it all up ,could not uplyet,the plan is take android fakepad to local wifi,load gwallet and se if I can access my account,,ifso I know it is either my specific phone,or kyrocera virgin mobile,,btw I bought my phone fr radio shack,they declared bankruptcy,the actual phone works on sprint towers I believe,and sprint and radio shack disowned each other,,radio shack discontinued all phones and services dealing with them,anyway before I read everyrhing in this forum im convinced it is my kyrocera,android,fraud android pay theft of technical things,that u smart peaople can say better than me,thank you ,I triedto upload screenshots here but it is not letting me upload file,im also trying to download your versions of google updatws and links but since your not affiliation with google of course my phone is not letting not me get hacked? Android doea not allow your "real"google play services"? Can u explain,thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones