• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google play store, amazon mp3. is there 1 music player app to play all music from different sources?

so i buy music from many different sources on my galaxy s4.
play store, and amazon mp3 store mainly. (using their respective apps).
i dont like the music player for either of these 2 sources. i like the default music player for the android os.
is there a way to get this default music player to view/play the music that i purchase on google play store or amazon mp3?

and if not, is there a 3rd party app that will let me see all the music? including music on my sd card that i synced from my itunes?

basically i want 1 music player app to be able to play music from any source i purchase from. whether it be i purchased a song on my phone from the play store of from the amazon mp3 store on my phone. after i purchase and download the song i should be able to go to a music player app and play ALL songs including these ones i just purchased.

any ideas?

note that i CANT see music in the google play app that i purchase on from amazon mp3.

actually i just realized that if i hit "download album" on the amazon mp3, the regular android music player sees the music.
the problem now is just seeing music that i buy with play store.

If you go into the album in the play music app, under the artwork, you will see a grey circle with a pushpin. If you click on that it will download the album to your device.

Edit: this does download them to your device, but it seems you need root access to actually get to the files to allow them to be played by another music app. Apparently on the website via PC you have the choice to download as mp3, and move them to your device that way. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones