• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Results Title.

For Phandroid, it's just "Android phone." I suggest we change this to something more appealing that will help us get more hits.

example2b.png

I promise you that this will not just increase traffic to your site, it will make the site look legitimate in the search results.

If you knew how much traffic the site got from "Android Phone" and "Android Phones" search terms you would probably disagree about changing it. I've thought about it... but more bad than good can come from changing it to be honest. Maybe once the phone guide is a little more pimp diesel.

Upvote 0
I disagree (about metatags comment that I tried to quote but deleted)... page title is TREMENDOUSLY important. But yet again, if an overwhelming amount of members want me to change this I'll do what members/readers think is best... its your site too. So keep the feedback coming and we'll adjust accordingly :)

Upvote 0
Page title is one of the most important things to Google at this time. Having a few more keywords in it might not be a bad thing, but stuffing them will hurt you a lot.

As far as Meta (can't read the actual post because Rob decided to butcher it :p) the description is one thing and it could be modified a little bit. Including a few of the more popular phone names such as "droid" could possibly improve your rank in some areas. As far as meta keywords go though, it is a dead area for Google now. They are saying they don't even pay attention to it anymore.

Nice thing is that you guys have a little over 600 unique links into Androidfoums.com which helps a lot. Even better, you have a little over 1500 linked into Phandroid.com.

Upvote 0
Page title is one of the most important things to Google at this time. Having a few more keywords in it might not be a bad thing, but stuffing them will hurt you a lot.

As far as Meta (can't read the actual post because Rob decided to butcher it :p) the description is one thing and it could be modified a little bit. Including a few of the more popular phone names such as "droid" could possibly improve your rank in some areas. As far as meta keywords go though, it is a dead area for Google now. They are saying they don't even pay attention to it anymore.

Nice thing is that you guys have a little over 600 unique links into Androidfoums.com which helps a lot. Even better, you have a little over 1500 linked into Phandroid.com.

True, but just two words, "Android Phone" just won't cut it if this site is going to be big in the future. It needs a few more terms, and the site's name in front.

Take a look at the most active gaming site in the world - GameSpot.

examplej.png

I suggest we follow their example.

example2b.png

That would be much, much better.

And remember, this isn't all about traffic and rankings.

This change will make the site look more professional and legitimate in the search results.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones