• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Search Widget Problems After Android 12 Install

lew_b

Lurker
Sep 27, 2014
I am a Verizon subscriber with a Galaxy S21 phone.
I just installed Android 12 (G998USQU4BUK7).
I am having problems with the Google search Widget.
When I start typing into the widget, a list of possible search matches is presented below where I am typing, this is as before installing the Android update, the problem is that if I tap on any of the searches presented, nothing happens, as opposed to before when Google would perform the search I selected. I can continue typing into the search and search on what I have typed in, but that's it.
I've tried restarting the phone and removing and re-installing the widget from the home page with no joy.
TIA for any help.

Yes, all apps are up to date.
I just realized that this issue isn't just with the Google widget.
I tried logging in to this site from my phone and I could not type into the log in panel. I tried making an update to my calendar and I could not select anything from the drop down panel there.
The issue appears to be with any drop down panel.
Just for the heck of it, I decided to delete an old app called "Facebook Emoji Keyboard" and re-booted the phone.
The drop-downs are now working. Problem solved ! ;);)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones