• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

flyers27

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
I use google search to call and text people. My wifes name is dana and when i say to "text dana hello" the search brings up another name "andrea dana" and not my wife which is under Dana.

I then changed "Anrea dana" to just "andrea" and when i say to text dana, it still brings up "text andrea dana" even though the name is not like that in my phone book anymore.

I restarted the phone and it it still recognizing "dana" as "andrea dana".

Any advice would be appreciated,
thanks

I use google search to call and text people. My wifes name is dana and when i say to "text dana hello" the search brings up another name "andrea dana" and not my wife which is under Dana.

I then changed "Anrea dana" to just "andrea" and when i say to text dana, it still brings up "text andrea dana" even though the name is not like that in my phone book anymore.

I restarted the phone and it it still recognizing "dana" as "andrea dana".

Any advice would be appreciated,
thanks
Maybe your phone is telling you that you should hook up with andrea.......

I kid I kid.

Upvote 0
my contact were not uploaded through my gmail accout, verizon took them off my old phone.

How do i go about clearing the data in the contacts app? couldnt find how to clear the data.

Do you have backup assistant up and running? If you do, all of your contacts are going to be backed up by verizon. If you can find settings/applications/contacts, you will see an option to clear data. Make sure to run a backup assistant sync before and after you clear data. Also clear out Google search application data. Last resort is to do a factory reset. One of the most ignored feature of android is the ability to reset this computer to factory specs and have a clean smooth operating device whenever you want. Just make sure you put everything (pictures, music, etc) you want to keep over to your sd card before you reset I've reset my og dinc probably once every three months just to keep it running smoothly. I've found through many resets that quite a few applications I have downloaded, I really can pass on them when I set up my fresh device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones