• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Talk Authentication Failed

lawlore

Lurker
May 22, 2011
Seems this is a pretty common theme for other phones (notably the HTC), but haven't seen a lot of issues with this model.

Got my brand new S2 a couple of weeks ago, haven't succeeded in getting the Google Talk Authentication to work since getting it. I do not have a googlemail.com or gmail.com email address, but do have a Google Account (not Google Apps) associated with another email address, which I've used for years. With this address, it tries, it fails, meaning there's no Google Talk and no Market for me.

A few places have suggested factory resets may cure it, but since I'm not particularly phone-savvy, and I'm not sure what that entails (losing contacts?), any other suggestions would be welcome first.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones