• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Verification is a s**t

Reinhard27

Lurker
Jul 29, 2018
I bought a new phone and played with it for almost three months. My phone got a problem so my only solution to it is to hard reset it. After reseting it, my phone requires me to sign in a gmail that was in my phone. I can clearly remember that I haven't signed in any gmail accounts in this phone. The shop vendor that sold me the phone didn't asked me for my gmail when I bought this. He just handed me the phone after I paid. I don't know what to do now. I can't use my phone and I can't go back to the place where I bought the phone to ask the vendor. I tried my gmail and it didn't work. All it says was " An error occurred. Please try again for 24 hours. Can you help me deal with it? And also I don't know what category this post will fall in.

Did you get it second hand? The shop vendor will never ask you for your gmail account. If you bought it as a new phone, one of the things it will ask you before proceeding is to ask for a gmail account the moment you turn it on.

If it was bought second hand, it could still have had the original owner's Gmail account, which would be the one locking you out.

Upvote 0
Hmm, if you didn't sign in with a Google account when you bought that phone and it's asking you to login to your Google account after you Factory reset it, that means that it's a strong possibility it's a pre-owned device that you've purchased. Now I've seen in some cases when people had let someone else use their phone and they log into a Google account on a device that hadn't been logged into with a Google account. Google will sometimes see that as the device initial user/owner. Reason being because someone has done one of my devices like that before when I didn't log into with my Google account, and they did checking their email. The only way I get back into that device to use it was to jailbreak it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones