• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Search doesn't go to my default browser, it goes to the original...

mackinley

Mar 9, 2011
I use Dolphin Mini Browser, because its awesome! Soooo much better than standard android browser. I set dolphin mini as my default browser, so when i click the browser icon on the bottom of my g2 it automatically goes to DM. But I noticed when I use google voice search it opens up via the standard g2 android2.2 browser. How can I change this?

I dunno if it's different for you than it is on the evo, but for me voice search will open in it's own search result page (that looks stock, and must be connected because google voice won't work when I have the default browser frozen), but after you click a link the first time, it will give you the option to choose a default browser. Just click dolphin mini there and your results page will open in dolphin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones