• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google voice (voicemail) doesnt pick up...but says i have a message

Clocks

Apr 18, 2010
Google voice has been sort of flaky for me since I started using it.

I use my old number, and I only use google voice for voicemail, I have it set up on my phone and in google voice.

Sometimes if I decline a call they will get a verizon error message. And today out of boredom I called my cell phone from my work phone and it just rang...and rang...and rang....and rang...and voicemail never picked up. But then I got a notification from google voice that I had an 18 second long message which was completely silent. I did it again, same result.

I logged into google.com/voice and confirmed that my greeting is set up.

It's sad, because I love google voice. But if voicemail doesn't work then it has no value...I can't have people calling me hearing error messages or never getting to leave a message.

Check out the other post about google voice. I just left something in there too. Try disconnecting everything from your phone and online relating to Voice (including uninstalling the app). Then leave a VM and check it through verizon to confirm it is just voice. Reconnect Voice and do the same thing. That way have a little peace of mind that its been 'reset' and not just a it happens every once and awhile thing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones