• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My first go around sucked. Not getting alot of power from the battery. 4GLTE all day, no GPS, no Bluetooth. Just alot of Twitter.
20110924145319.png

Upvote 0
you guys are all going about it wrong.. i GUARANTEE it will scan half off in their system. dont ask about the price. tell them you want to buy the battery and it WILL scan for half off in their system. they will be surprised and either sell it to you or adjust the price up manually, (why?). at that point, if its 50 just say oh shit i forgot my debit card. bye. go to a different store. it is in their system at half off whether the moron that works there knows it or not.

Ha! I can post a scanned receipt where my local store charged me full retail price (without even adding my discount) for the Shell / Holster combo. Upcharging little s**ts.....

My first go around sucked. Not getting alot of power from the battery. 4GLTE all day, no GPS, no Bluetooth. Just alot of Twitter.
20110924145319.png

With regard to this image:

Can anyone confirm something for me? Is this percentage being shown a calculation of the time the battery has been used for that particular app, or the battery power that has been used?

2 entirely different things.

Drain the battery till it dies and then charge it to 100% and drain it again. This will reset the battery stats and give you the correct readings. After about 17hrs I am at 30%.

Yup - I bought the first battery, but did not really drain it and then used the USB cable to charge it relentlessly when making all those posts last week. the result seems to be that when the new battery came in, it lasted much much longer (28+ hours without charging) versus the original battery.

I'm not cycling both without charging either until they get almost close to dying (I get the 5% warning, then throw it in the charger about an hour later lol) and both batteries are performing well now.

Being able to swap means that I can get over 24+ hours under extreme heavy use using both batteries. Awesome!

Upvote 0
I should be clear.. I ordered a customer a battery today and another accessory in the same order and it did not ring the battery up at half off. Seems as its only half off if you purchase it by itself and make sure they don't take your number because if you get any kind of accessory discount the battery will also not be half off.

Upvote 0
Ahh. Well, I was just informed over the weekend that the Shell /holster combo is @ $24.99 on VZW.com. I aid regular $49.95 on 9 Sept. I suppose it may not have been on sale then, but that's a cool $25 that could be in my bank account.

Is there a maximum time when I can return it (and if I buy a new one from online and return it to the store, will they give me a full refund if it is unopened)?

I mean, they didn't even give me my corp discount, so, I'm rather peeved....

Oops. I shouldn't be peeved. I got the combo with screen protectors and car charger - http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...r-kickstand-extended-battery.html#post3249987

Completely forgot about it. But, still, since I only want the shell / holster, if I buy a brand new one and put it in this package with the other stuff (all unused) will the local store take it back?

Upvote 0
Pulled the phone out of the charger at 9:15 a.m the day before yesterday. At 9:15 a.m. today it was at 20% (17% according to circle battery widget, great app btw).

This was under moderate use (some e-mailing, texting, web surfing, playing a couple of games and several phone calls) on 3G (no 4G here yet), which is pretty much "normal use" for me. Screen is set to timeout at 1 minute. So I got an honest 48 hours out of the extended battery under my normal conditions. Two hours into the recharge cycle and the battery is now at 74%.

I am very pleased with the extended battery. I think the performance more than makes up for the added size and weight. My second one is due to arrive tomorrow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones