• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got the Blue SGS3

valorian

Android Expert
Feb 15, 2011
Northern Illinois
I just wanted to post a quick hey to all you. I just picked up the blue SGS3 yesterday.

I had the Inc 2 till I dropped it on concrete and well I'm sure you know what happened. Bits of glass started coming off the screen so it was time to get rid of it.

Coming from the Inc2 it's taking me some time to get used to the new screen size. I love how smooth and fast this phone is. I also love all the little features this phone has. Especially some of the motions I've tried.

Now I just need to find a case I like. I like the blue of this phone so I hate to cover it up.

Any tips or tricks I should know about to get the most out of this phone?

Also, can someone point me to a good link that explains what Kies is and what all it can do for me?

So far Kies has done squat for me. :(

So for the useless comment, I have to get enough post to start a thread so I can ask for help with my paper weight called an S3... not really... I like most everything about it except I can't get it to connect to any other devices.

I read your other post about your Kies problem. Sorry to hear you are having such problems. Lat night I downloaded Kies from the Samsung website and everything worked great the first shot for me. It synced my music and contacts perfectly.

Upvote 0
Congrats, I have the same color, here are the two cases I own, and they are both fantastic,
BLACK RUGGED HEAVY DUTY CASE + BELT CLIP HOLSTER KICKSTAND FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 | eBay
Seidio Surface Combo Protector Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S III S3 - Black | eBay

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look at these more tonight after work.

Upvote 0
The clear Diztronic isn't bad. Plus it's $10 on Amazon. I'd look at that. Don't know if it has enough protection for you, though.

I second that about Diztronic...

I also have the Blue S3 and switch off between a few Diztronic cases, Got the matte Black, which IMO looks awesome! As well as the matte Blue, and the matte clear.

@ OP...Amazon has a deal when ordering 3 Diztronic cases, definitely worth looking in to. Each cases also offers a screen protector.

Reactions: valorian
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones