• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gps directions play when listening to music in car - lg thrill

posterr

Lurker
Jan 6, 2012
Hi all, I have an LG thrill and when I drive I like to listen to the music on my phone. Problem is though, is that at the end of my playlist it starts to play GPS directs like "turn right on carnes road" as if the directions are saved or something. It doesn't do this when I'm listening to music straight from the phone, but when its connected over the USB cord in my car it does it all the time. I've checked my phone and I dont have anything saved.
I can't figure out how to get it to quit, its pretty embarrassing! Any advice would be a great help, thanks.

Folder???? When your using your GPS just use the volume buttons to turn down the voice.

It sounds like his phone is playing a file located somewhere on the phone.

If I understand correctly he does NOT have navigation running when this happens.

What music app are you using to play the music.

I have had issues with some apps pulling every single music file on the phone and playing it. In some cases you can not access and delete these files (system files)

The music app may have a selection in the settings that allows you to ignore all folders but"music" etc...

Mix zing allows me to point it to the one folder I want it to play files from

Upvote 0
Nav stores a bunch of wav files in sdcard/android/com.google.apps.maps something something/cache.

You're plugging the phone into stereo with a usb cable and playing music off it like a thumbdrive and the stereo is seeing all those wav files.

(there's a .nomedia file in there but I guess the stereo ignores that, maybe it's only android that does the .nomedia thing)

You can just delete them with a file explorer, more will show back up the next time you use nav though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones