1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support GPS Issues. Never gotten a fix.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by strra, Apr 9, 2010.

1. strra

strra Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I just got my moment from sprint yesterday and it came with 1.5 on it. later on, i put 2.1 on it.
    but since i've gotten it, i've never once gotten a GPS fix on it. i've stood outside and froze for at least 15 minutes with nada.
    i've heard that there are aGPS issues so i've disabled that, but still nothing. google maps tells me "your location is temporarily unavailable" and weatherbug fails to get a fix every time. Same with GPS Status.

does anyone have ideas to point me in the right direction?

btw, i've searched but "GPS" is too short to search for, unforunately

Advertisement

2. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    US of A
    When I moved to Moment, I was switched from my previous Power-pack on Sprint to the new Everything Data plan. I used to get messages similar to yours with the earlier plan. Couple of things:
    1. Update the PRL and Profile.
    2. Give it a day for your account to be set-up on the Sprint end and you should call Sprint to follow-up.

3. strra

strra Member

Apr 9, 2010
    i did what you said and (maybe by coincidence?) the GPS connected in GPS Status with 4/4 satellites, but still no go in google maps :( i don't get it

4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    From what I can tell, the "leaked" 2.1 lacks the aGPS fix from the cl14 update. My guess (hope) is it will be in the official 2.1 update whenever that comes out.

5. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Seattle
    From time to time I have the same issue. For me, rebooting the phone always fixes it.

6. jasonamd

jasonamd Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    The fix is there...without gps google maps shows me within a few blocks of my location just like in the cl14 update and not some other country like the initial release of the phone. With gps on my location is right on.

7. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Male
    Help Desk Manager
    North Carolina
    GPS always works fine on my Moment. I don't have the 2.1 update either.

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I have trouble getting sprint navigation to work. The gps tries to get the route but fails to work. I even tried it with wifi on. I did it in an open environment like it told me to.

9. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    My GPS worked great BEFORE the Cl14 update....now it is spotty at best.... If I turn the GPS off the aGPS gets me to within a few hundred feet of my location.....FWIW. GPS almost never gets a lock unless I am outside and even then it is spotty.