• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS Issues. Never gotten a fix.

strra

Apr 9, 2010
I just got my moment from sprint yesterday and it came with 1.5 on it. later on, i put 2.1 on it.
but since i've gotten it, i've never once gotten a GPS fix on it. i've stood outside and froze for at least 15 minutes with nada.
i've heard that there are aGPS issues so i've disabled that, but still nothing. google maps tells me "your location is temporarily unavailable" and weatherbug fails to get a fix every time. Same with GPS Status.

does anyone have ideas to point me in the right direction?

btw, i've searched but "GPS" is too short to search for, unforunately

When I moved to Moment, I was switched from my previous Power-pack on Sprint to the new Everything Data plan. I used to get messages similar to yours with the earlier plan. Couple of things:
1. Update the PRL and Profile.
2. Give it a day for your account to be set-up on the Sprint end and you should call Sprint to follow-up.

Upvote 0
From what I can tell, the "leaked" 2.1 lacks the aGPS fix from the cl14 update. My guess (hope) is it will be in the official 2.1 update whenever that comes out.

The fix is there...without gps google maps shows me within a few blocks of my location just like in the cl14 update and not some other country like the initial release of the phone. With gps on my location is right on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones