• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does your gps randomly drop all satalites and have to be restarted to find them again

• Frequently

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Every so often

• I think it did once or twice

• Never

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

derrabe

Jun 1, 2011
South East Michigan
I have been using my indulge as a gps device as well as many other things, but since I got it seems to drop the gps signal quite frequently. At first It was infrequent and would drop sometimes in 20 minutes sometimes an hour but it always would drop eventually. Now I am dropping every few minutes. My wife Optimus M during a 4 hour car drive did not drop once. Is this just my phone or does the indulge have a bad gps chip in. Does anyone else experience this or is it just me, I am trying to get a replacement phone under the warranty and wanting to know if this will fix my issue or if I am gonna be chasing my tail.

It does lose signal when I'm navigating, but it picks it back up very quickly.
I sometimes go quote a while, our quite a few days without any drops, but sometimes I also get up to three major ones within a single trip. (major as in needs over 2 minutes to regain a fix)
I've gotten used to it, and expect it to happen.although it is completely random, and I can't predict when GPS signal will drop.

Upvote 0
Quick question what navigation software are you using also anyone?

Also tiede I would be happy with that result, mine i have to go in and disable and re enable the gps in order for it to find a fix again (most of the time) unless it hard locks then I have to reboot the phone, but mine is very frequent. anywhere from 30sec to 20 minutes but usually closer to the shorter time

Upvote 0
Every once in a while I will lose GPS signal, but it usually locks back on pretty quickly.

FWIW, I leave my GPS off until needed, turn it on, fire up GPS Test, and after I get lock then go on to Nav or whatever I need.

If you have already tried all the steps in my GPSCLRX thread and that didn't do it, then it does sound like maybe you have a bum unit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones