• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS Will just not lock on

Anyone have this issue? I noticed it a few weeks ago, but, havent needed my GPS recently, so it wasnt a priority. Had some free time today and decided to test it out. I just cannot get a GPS lock. Ive tried everything, rebooting phone, turning GPS on/off, walking around outside, holding the phone to the sky and screaming bloody hell the the GPS gods... still, nothing.

could there be something wrong with my phone hardware? is there a setting that I have unchecked that could be causing this? Im getting ready to just bring it in to a store and try and get it replaced (I also have random reboots), but would rather not have to do that.

Any help/similar experiences would be of great help! Thanks!

Same here, mine has never locked on. I think there are several threads here about that.

Yea i have checked the other threads... tried them all... im not in the situation where my GPS takes a long time to lock on, or, i get sporadic results. I dont think i have EVER seen my phone get a gps lock on. was wondering if anyone had that, and, if they did, was it a hardware malfunction or just poor design on the gps radios?

Upvote 0
I am able to use my GPS but it is weak and sometimes loses signal... I have placed a post requesting information on GPS Dongles... See my post here...

Bluetooth GPS Dongle for stronger GPS signal

I would like a stronger signal for areas where I do not get phone service..

My current GPS works with my running software...

SportsTracker Pro

Hope this helps others,
Dennis

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem. I never noticed my gps wasn't working because I didn't need it until recently.

I called tech support tonight and the tech had me go into location services and make sure all the options under E911 were checked. When I first got the phone, I had denied Verizon Services access to the gps (call it a fit of paranoia mixed with "why does Verizon need to know where I am?") so it was unchecked. The tech told me to check the box next to it and now the gps works fine.

Not sure if that will help but I figured I'd share.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones