1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Green Screen on Camera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pmover75, Aug 21, 2010.

1. pmover75

pmover75 New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    When I go to the camera on my Samsung Acclaim, it only shows a green screen in the view finder with an A in a circle with a little lightening bolt next to it. However, it still takes the picture but I can't see what I'm taking a picture of. Also, the viewfinder WILL start to appear (partially) when I go into the settings of the camera.

Advertisement

2. dcollins23

dcollins23 Active Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Restart your phone, that's what fixed it for me.

pmover75 likes this.
  3. pmover75

pmover75 New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    That did the trick :) Thanks for the help! That was bothering me for days....

4. karlakf

karlakf New Member

Nov 30, 2010
    that didn't work for my phone. any other suggestions?

5. bryandrummer

bryandrummer Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    usa
    i have had this happen to me quite a few times also. i have restarted it and found like others, that rebooting the phone helped but i didnt know if anyone found a faster solution. when i restart my phone it sometimes takes up to 3 or 4 min to fully reboot (which if anyone has any ideas about how to speed this process up im open to advice).

6. If by "restart" you mean a simple shut down and then power back up, that can sometimes remedy an issue.

Some use the word "restart" to mean factory data reset, which is more likely to help, but is also done knowing that the device will need to be reconfigured. Be sure to save and sync all apps, etc when resetting. ;)

7. kboards20

kboards20 New Member

Nov 29, 2010
    how do you factory data reset?? would i lose any information if i did that. i think that might help with my issue with my messaging

8. casey.davidson13

casey.davidson13 New Member

Dec 1, 2010
    I've had this happen to me. Simply turning my phone off and back on didn't work. However, when I shut the phone off, took the battery out for 15 seconds, and then put it back together and restarted, it worked.

9. JessicaC

JessicaC Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Turning my phone off then back on worked! Thanks!!