• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello all!

New here, just saying hello.

I don't currently own any device running Android, but I am taking the plunge in the next few days. I am not new to smartphones, I've been using BB for a number of years. As of now, I'm using a BB Storm. As much of a bad rap as this phone has gotten, I've enjoyed my 2 1/2 years with it. I've not had many of the problems that have been widely reported, or if I had a glitch I found a way to bypass or fix it.

Anyway back to why I'm here. I've been researching smart phones for 3 or 4 months now. I originally wanted to stay with a BB, but the current line of those phones seem very stagnant to me in the way of new technology.
So here comes the shining star, Android. And after much consideration, I've decided on the X.

I've spent the last week reading thread after thread, and link after link from this forum. I've learned a great deal about the Android OS and the X in general. So I'm ready to take the plunge. And once I receive the device, the first thing I'm going to do is "root", as it seems to be called.

I hope theirs folks here who won't mind stepping me through the process. I've read all about it, never done it with this OS before. But I'm excited about a new device and unlocking it's potential.

Thanks for this great site and thanks for having me

Jason

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones