• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS3 Case discussion thread

I have this clear Cruzerlite Androidified A2 case on my blue s3:
Cruzerlite Androidified A2 Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 - YouTube

HOWEVER, my holes line up just fine (that's what she said) unlike that bad case the dude in the video has. Overall looks nice. There is a funny issue that you can see in the video where the totally clear parts adhere to the back of the phone in a sort-of blotchy way in some areas - but it isn't that bad.

Upvote 0
just got my Surface as well. the lip is great at protecting the curved glass. The cut down size of the Steinheil Ultra Nano ends up being right at the edge of the Surface, so perfect.

I dropped my SGS2 in a surface case, face down from waist high to smooth concrete. I was chasing our 2 yr old around a store and just missed my holster. Anyway, it bounced corner to corner, face down about 3 times. No damage.

They do feel slippery at first, but after you use them alittle, they get a more grippy.

Can you tell us if the lip is going to interfere with the screen protector? I am worried about finding a case that has a lip but doesn't push the screen protector up. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Has anybody tried these cases before? I have seen the demo and pretty impressive. I think Tmobile OEM the cases. They use D3O impact technology and really protect phone when dropped or thrown..:D

TE0101YAB006W.jpg

Upvote 0
Ohh even better, actually yesterday i was buying a screen protector and came across a case for S3 that has a nice wave effect of plastic + rubber so on one side is hard( which is good to hold in your right hand) and other has nice rubber touch, so best of both worlds, this is an example but for S3 its half this half that not 70+30 like on this picture and its transparent )

Google Image Result for http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/515275496/Galaxy-Nexus-Case-S-Line-Wave-TPU-Case-for-samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-3i9250-free-shipping.jpg

Upvote 0
The "aluminum" case I was talking about can be found HERE.

I left neutral feedback without contacting the seller, stating the item was not as portrayed. Later that day I got an email from the seller saying they never got an email from expressing my dissatisfaction. Um, that's because I was already screwed. False advertisement is false advertisement. How do you fix that after the fact?

Now, the seller has changed the word "aluminum" to "metal." The case is clearly not METAL of any kind. I'm guessing this seller is trying to hide behind their limited English proficiency. I suspect this seller knows exactly what they are doing, though, hoping people find "metal" and buy one. And when the buyer realizes it's a plastic case, they'll decide negative feedback is not worth the hassle. Well, negative feedback is what keeps ebay sellers honest. I hope so, anyway.

Anyway, they did offer to refund my money if I agree to change my feedback. I think I'll take them up on their offer and still state the item was not as advertised. But they'll get their stars...

Hmmm...You are FAR more forgiving than I am. This case absolutely deserves negative feedback, not neutral. For less than 4 bucks I would tell them to stuff their refund and change your neutral feedback to negative. They are intentionally lying about their case and they refuse to correct it. I suspect that most people are like me and generally only read the neutral and negative reviews. If you switch yours to a positive review the people who are like me won't ever get your message and they will keep getting away with ripping people off.

Benny

Upvote 0
Fair enough, Benny. They haven't gotten back to me yet, so there's no guarantee that they will. But I suppose honesty is worth not getting my $4 back. I'll probably leave my feedback alone, or change it to negative and tell the truth about how deceptive the seller is being.

I'm new to this ebay thing and I suppose honesty is the best policy there, as it is in real life.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I like Speck cases, too, and I'm thinking about getting this one...

Mine just came in the mail, ordered it on Amazon for $30.50 with Prime. Got the white/pink one. :p

Feels really good in the hand (granted I don't have the phone yet) but my biggest concern was bulk and this is thinner than my Incredible (og) both with its case and naked. Very excited.

Upvote 0
...brilliant, here's looking forward to photos ;)

Mine just came in the mail, ordered it on Amazon for $30.50 with Prime. Got the white/pink one. :p

Feels really good in the hand (granted I don't have the phone yet) but my biggest concern was bulk and this is thinner than my Incredible (og) both with its case and naked. Very excited.

Upvote 0
I spent about a half hour today on Ebay looking at different cases. I really love the fact there so many different cases for this phone. I have three cases already. I ordered three more today. I most likely am going to order at least ten more before the end of Summer. My the last phone the HTC EVO 3D I only had about six cases for it. I know with this phone I will end up with over 30 cases. I'll be sporting a different case everyday. lol. The prices on the cases make it hard not to buy them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones