• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GT Racing HD tips?

62% game completion here. Great game.
1. Turn on auto-accelerate and auto-brake 100% except for rally.
2. Upgrade your car to make it faster than computer opponents and give you the advantage.
3. Running into computer cars can be useful, especially if you are on the inside of the turn.
4. You only need to get into the top 3 in each event to clear it. Watch the cars in front of you to get early hints on turns.
5. Watch out for tracks with "S" curves. You turn slightly one way and then the opposite. This is the only time hitting the racing line is critical.
6. When buying cars for specific races, try and buy the ones with highest horsepower and lowest weight from among the car choices available (hint: they are usually the most expensive).

Rally racing is the only part of the game I have not figured out yet. But I still manage to make the top 3, usually.

Upvote 0
Thanks.

Is this one better then Raging Thunder2? I have the free version and it's pretty good. Not sure if I should get the full or not.

Well Raging Thunder 2 is an arcade racer while GT Racing is much more of a racing sim. So it depends on what you like.

If you like arcade racers give Asphalt 5 a try it's on the Android Market. Gameloft has recently released Asphalt 6 and it's available on their site, but I have had some issues with it.

If you like a game thats more technical than I would suggest NFS Shift which is on the Market or GT Racing. I prefer the feel of Shift as GT Racing feels a little floaty. But GT Racing does have more tracks, cars and options to play with so it has more longevity.

Where I live Gameloft is doing a 2 for 1, So you could pick up Asphalt and GT Racing and see for yourself which is better.

If Asphalt isn't your thing and you like Arcade racers. Gameloft is releasing Fast Five on April 28th, which looks very impressive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones