• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GT-S5830V Won't enter download mode

AndroidOre

Lurker
Sep 20, 2012
It goes into Recovery mode ok but no download mode.
Power + vol down (or vol down + vol up) + home makes it loope the galaxy screen once then it just loads the built in rom.

After I first bought it I could get it into download mode. But after rooting her so many times she refuses to play ball.
I have tried unrooting it and uninstalling busybox / CWM etc but don't know what else to try.

is there anyway of resetting the "bios" of the phone to default or something?
I tried restoring the stock build.prop.
Dunno what else to do.

Any advice much appreciated.

Regards.

Rooting has nothing to do with booting into download mode. Until the phone boots into the ROM it has no idea that the ROM is rooted.

Carefully (it's tricky), press volume down, home, and then power. It should boot into download mode in a few seconds. I usually press home to stabilize the phone on the desktop, then press volume down (down=download) with my left thumb, then looking at the part of the phone furthest from me, I press the power button with my left middle finger (making sure by looking).

Recovery is the difficult one for me - I have to hold the phone in my hands to get the volume up/home combination stable, then hit power.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones