• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gtalk and Location issue

pdacrazy

Lurker
Nov 30, 2010
Hi All,

I bought my galaxy tab yesterday from Currys UK. I have been a very happy user of HTC Desire and now i thought to move to bigger screen.

1. Gtalk- I am using Google talk on my tab, messages are not in proper sorted order as per date. It's been sorted as per person which means I am getting all the other side messages on the top.

Could you please help me to figure out how can i rectify it or Do I need to upgrade my Gtalk App. Unfortunatly I am not getting this app in Mrket place.

2. Location - When I first started my tab, I have selected all the options specially yes to locations questions. I use t-mobile sim. I noticed that my tab is not picking the right date and time. Could you please help here as well.

3. Contacts- Contacts are so poorly managed specially when i link facebook contacts with phone book and it shows me many contacts for same person. DOnt know how can i sort it out. In HTC Desire it was all automatic.

4. As I was a HTC user, is there a way to get HTC widgets for galaxy tab specially like calender, weather and clock.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones