• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gtalk with two logins

Chan

Lurker
Nov 10, 2009
Objective: The ability to have multiple (two) Google talk accounts run simultaneously.

Currently I've set up my phone with my Gmail (@gmail.com) account. The Gtalk application has been configured with this account by default (I think) which is great. However I would like to be able to be signed into my work chat as well, which is a Google apps premier account. I have not found a way to accomplish this without having to download another app.

The apps that I've tried so far are: Ebuddy and Meebo. Ebuddy works awesome with my Google Apps account except for the fact that it sends messages after I chat indicating that I am using Ebuddy. The spam message includes a link to a webpage. I can't figure out how to turn this off, so I've stopped using it. I'm willing to pay for a version that doesn't do this, but I don't think there is a pay for version of Ebuddy for Android. And Meebo doesn't work with my Google Apps account. :(

Can anyone point me in right direction? Maybe a recommendation?

This is my first android device (Motorola Droid A855) and I love it, although this issue I'm having is my only gripe. I can't find a decent app that can do what I need (Works with Google Apps account and doesn't send spam messages to people I chat with).

I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong category. And if there is already a thread similar to this, I can't find. :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones